Roses and holly, and Pen and pencil pictures from the poets / profusely illustrated by Gourlay Steell, R.S.A., R. Herdman, R.S.A., Clark Stanton, A.R.S.A., Samuel Bough, A.R.S.A., John M'Whirter, A.R.S.A., John Lawson, and other eminent artists ; engraved by R. Paterson.
- Additional Title(s):
Roses and holly
Pen and pencil pictures from the poets
- Edinburgh : W.P. Nimmo, Hay, & Mitchell, [1881?]
- Physical Description:
- xii, 148, viii, 152 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1109 .R67 1881Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Roses and holly has engravings by Robert Paterson; after George Clark Stanton, John MacWhirter, Charles Altamont Doyle, John Lawson, Robert Herdman, Gourlay Steele, Samuel Bough, George Hay.
Pen and pencil pictures from the poets has engravings by Pearson, Robert Paterson, James Mackenzie Corner, John Adam, Fred Borders, and Thomas Bolton; after Keeley Halswelle, Hugh Cameron, John MacWhirter, W. Smith, George Hay, John Lawson, S.J. Groves, and S. Edmonston.
Possible date of publication from Eng. cat. of books.
Printed by Morrison and Gibb, Edinburgh.
Divisional t.p. and separate pagination and register for: Pen and pencil pictures from the poets.
Eng. cat. of books, v. 4, p. 492
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and gilt-stamped red cloth binding. Inscribed: Xmas greetings to Mr. G.C. Pettit from J.O.F. - 1900
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.F., J. O. -- Pres. insc from Mr. G. C. Pettit, 1900 Dec. 25.Gift books.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Morrison and Gibb -- Printer.Pettit, G. C., Mr. -- Pres. insc. to J. O. F., 1900 Dec. 25.Ross, David N. -- Provenance.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)W. Nimmo, Hay, & Mitchell -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- [1881?]
YCBA Collections Search
Roses and holly, and Pen and pencil pictures from the poets , [1881?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.