Morris, William, 1834-1896, The earthly Paradise , MDCCCLXVIII 
The earthly Paradise : a poem / by William Morris, author of The life and death of Jason.
- Boston : Roberts, Brothers, MDCCCLXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 676,  p. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5075 .A1 1868Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A series of twenty-four tales, two for each month of the year; twelve from classical sources; the other twelve chiefly from medieval Latin, French, and Icelandic originals.
Printed by Strangeways and Walden, 28 Castle St. Leicester Square, London.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy has bookplate: Charles Parmelee Bells. Owner's embossed stamp: John S. Bells, Jr. 623 Meadowbrook Ln. Rock Hill, S.C.
- Subject Terms:
- Bells, Charles Parmelee -- Bookplate.Bells, John S. -- Stamp.Literature, Medieval -- Paraphrases.Mythology, Greek.Roberts Brothers -- Publisher.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Strangeways and Walden -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1868.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.