The stolen cherries, or, Tell the truth at once / by Emilia Marryat Norris, author of 'Gerald and Harry,' 'The early start in life,' 'The children's picnic,' etc. ; with illustrations by Francis A. Fraser.
- Additional Title(s):
Tell the truth at once
- [London] : Griffith, Farran, Okeden & Welsh, successors to Newbery and Harris, west corner of St. Paul's Churchyard, London. E.O. Dutton & Co., New York, 
- Physical Description:
- 160, 15,  p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4974.M788 S76 1881Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by Frederick Wentworth.
Date of publication from British Library.
Four full page wood-engraved illustrations included in pagination and register.
BM (compact edition), v. 16 378
Publisher's advertisements, 15 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black- and gilt-stamped red cloth publisher's binding. Inscribed: Reba Thompson, presented by the Missionary Society of Broadway, M.E.S.S., March, 1889. Embossed stamp: Perkinpine & Higgins, Theological, Miscellaneous, & Sunday School Publishers, Booksellers, 914 Arch, Philadelphia.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's literature -- Religious aspects.Griffith, Farran, Okeden & Welsh -- PublisherMissionary Society of Broadway -- Pres. insc. to Reba Thompson, March 1889.Perkinpine & Higgins -- Stamp.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Thompson, Reba -- Pres. insc. from the Missionary Society of Broadway, March 1889.Youth -- Conduct of life.
- Wood engravings -- 1881.
YCBA Collections Search
Marryat, Emilia, 1837-1875, The stolen cherries, or, Tell the truth at once , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.