Tom Cringle's log / by Michael Scott.
- A new edition, with illustrations.
- [Edinburgh ; William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, MDCCCLXII 
London] : William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, MDCCCLXII 
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 528 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5299.S6 T66 1862Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Steel-engraved frontispiece by Edward Goodall, after Clarkston Stanfield.
Wood engravings by Josiah Wood Whymper, after Percival Skelton, Frederick Walker, and Harrison Weir.
BAC: British Art Center copy accompanied by original drawing of Frederick Walker's "Fishing in the Great Bahama Bank", later engraved as illustration opposite p. 356. Drawing removed and separately matted (PR5299.S6 T66 1862+ Oversize).
- Subject Terms:
- Black people -- Jamaica -- Fiction.Jamaica -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Slaves -- Jamaica -- Fiction.William Blackwood and Sons -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1862.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.