Picture posies : poems / chiefly by living authors and drawings by F. Walker, A.R.A., J.W. North, A.B. Houghton , E.G. Dalziel, J. Wolf, G.J. Pinwell, T. Dalziel, J.D. Harding, F. Danby, A.R.A., J.D. Watson, Birket Foster, W.E. Frost, R.A., E.M. Ward, R.A., W. Mulready, R.A., C. Stanfield, R.A., W. Small and others ; engraved by Dalziel Brothers.
- London ; George Routledge and Sons, 1874.
and New York : George Routledge and Sons, 1874.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 236,  p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1173 .P53 1874Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Picture posies have all appeared before, the greater part of them in A round of days and Wayside posies"--P. [vii].
Illustrations by Frederick Walker, John William North, Arthur Boyd Houghton, Edward Gurdon Dalziel, Joseph Wolf, George John Pinwell, Thomas Dalziel, James Duffield Harding, Francis Danby, John Dawson Watson, Birket Foster, William Edward Frost, Edward Matthew Ward, William Mulready, Clarkson Stanfield, William Small, Alfred Walter Bayes, Warwick Brookes, Johann Baptist Zwecker.
Contains 149 wood engravings.
Printer's mark of the Dalziel Brothers: p. 
"Dalziels' Fine Art Books":  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and black-stamped red cloth over bevelled boards; with gilt edges.
BAC: Label mounted on front pastedown: "Stoner's Good Value." This book is presented with the compliments of Thomas Stoner, Merchant Clothier, Ormskirk. Label mounted on first free endpaper: Rules of the Bickerstaffe School Lending Library. Inscribed: H.J. Breedon, Osmanthorpe Manor, Kirklington, Newark; Heary [sic] Breedon, Osmanthorpe, Southwell.
- Subject Terms:
- Bickerstaffe School Lending Library -- Label.Breedon, H. J. -- Autograph.Breedon, Heary -- Pres. insc. from Thos.Camden Press -- Printer.George Routledge and Sons -- Publisher.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Stoner, Thos. -- Autograph.Thomas Stoner, Merchant Clothier, Ormskirk -- Label.Thos. -- Pres. insc. to Heary Breedon.
- Wood engravings -- 1874.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.