English sacred poetry, of the sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth & nineteenth centuries , MDCCCLXII 
- English sacred poetry, of the sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth & nineteenth centuries / selected and edited by Robert Aris Willmott, M. A. incumbent of Bear Wood ; illustrated by Holman Hunt, J.D. Watson, John Gilbert, J. Wolf, etc. ; engraved by the Brothers Dalziel.
- London : Routledge, Warne, & Routledge, Farringdon Street ; MDCCCLXII 
New York : 56, Walker Street, MDCCCLXII 
- Physical Description:
- xix, , 387,  p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1191 .E54 1862Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by the Dalziel Brothers; after William Holman Hunt, John Dawson Watson, H. S. Marks, Harrison Weir, C. Keene, H. H. Armstead, Joseph Wolf, Frederick Sandys, W. P. Burton, G. H. Andrews, S. Read, John Gilbert, J. Sliegh, Frederick Walker, F. Smallfield.
Printed by R. Clay, Son, and Taylor, Bread Street Hill.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped brown leather. Ms inscription on recto of second free end-paper: To Nellie Dorman with the best wishes of her affectionate uncle and aunt Henry and Lizzie Dorman Lymington Sept. 2 1884. Second ms inscription also on recto of second free end-paper: Cecil Fich from his mother March 20/10
- Subject Terms:
- Dorman, Henry and Lizzie -- Pres. insc. to Nellie Dorman, Lymington, Sept. 2 1884.Dorman, Nellie -- Pres. insc. from her aunt and uncle Henry and Lizzie Dorman, Lymington, Sept. 2 1884.English poetry.Fich, Cecil -- Pres. insc. from his mother, March 20/10.Hymns.R. Clay, Son, and Taylor -- Printer.Religious poetry, English.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Routledge, Warne, and Routledge -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1862.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.