IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The thousand and one nights, or, The Arabian nights' entertainments, 1868
The thousand and one nights, or, The Arabian nights' entertainments.
- Additional Title(s):
Thousand and one nights
Arabian nights' entertainments
Arabian nights. English.
- A new edition, illustrated with numerous wood engravings from original design.
- Philadelphia : Porter & Coates, 1868.
- Physical Description:
- 543,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPJ7715 .P67 1868Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Spine title: Arabian nights.
Some of the plates signed: N. Orr--Co.
"J. Fagan & Son, stereotypers, Philad'a."--Versto of t.p.
"Caxton Press of Sherman & Co., Philadelphia."--Verso of t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- stamped blue publisher's cloth. Inscribed: Nellie S. Law. Woonsocket, R.I. June 1868.
- Subject Terms:
- Law, Nellie S. -- Autograph, June 1868.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1868.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.