IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sire Degrevaunt, 1896
- Additional Title(s):
Romance of Sir Degrevant.
- Hammersmith : Printed by William Morris at the Kelmscott Press, 1896.
- Physical Description:
- , , 81 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2065 .D45 1896Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Caption title: The romance of Sir Degrevant.
Colophon: Edited by F.S. Ellis after the edition printed by J. O. Halliwell from the Cambridge ms., with some additions & variations from that in the Library of Lincoln Cathedral. Printed by William Morris at the Kelmscott Press, Upper Mall, Hammersmith ... and finished on the 14th day of March, 1896. [printer's device] Sold by William Morris at the Kelmscott Press.
Frontispiece designed by Edward Burne-Jones. Engraved by W.H. Hooper. Cf. Peterson.
350 paper copies. 8 vellum copies.
Peterson, W.S. Bibliography of the Kelmscott Press A47
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 8 on vellum. Bound in blue paper on boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Kelmscott Press -- Publisher.Morris, William -- Printer.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1896.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.