London : 1753 / Sheila O'Connell with contributions by Roy Porter, Celina Fox and Ralph Hyde.
- Additional Title(s):
London seventeen fifty-three
- London : British Museum Press, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- 272 p., 16 p. of plates : ill. (some col.), map, plans, ports. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA682 .O26 2003 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- LWL 715 B77 003: Paperbound.
"This catalogue is published to accompany an exhibition at The British Museum, London, from 23 May to 23 November 2003." -- (t.p. verso).
Includes bibliographical references (p. 265-269) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- British Museum -- Exhibitions.City and town life -- England -- London.London (England) -- Exhibitions.London (England) -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.London (England) -- In art.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.
- The wonderful extent and variety of London / Roy Porter
- Art and Trade: from the Society of Arts to the Royal Academy of Arts / Celina Fox
- Portraying London Mid-Century: John Rocque and the Brothers Buck / Ralph Hyde
- Curious and entertaining: prints of London and Londoners / Sheila O'Connell.