Stansky, Peter, 1932-, Sassoon , c2003
Sassoon : the worlds of Philip and Sybil / Peter Stansky.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 295 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA566.9.S68 S37 2003 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LWL 637 H82 003: Dust jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-282) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art patrons -- Great Britain -- Biography.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Houghton Hall (England)Jewish families -- Great Britain.Nobility -- Great Britain -- Biography.Politicians -- Great Britain -- Biography.Sassoon family.Sassoon, Philip, Sir, 1888-1939.Sassoon, Sybil, 1894-1989.
- India : establishing a dynasty
- England : becoming English
- Philip and Sybil serve their country
- Becoming a politician in the 1920s
- Setting the stage in London and in the country
- The role of art : making an aesthetic
- The bomber always get through : politics in the 1930s