Travels in the interior of Africa, to the sources of the Senegal and Gambia : performed by command of the French Government, in the year 1818 / by G. Mollien ; edited by T.E. Bowdich.
- Additional Title(s):
Voyage dans l'intérieur de l'Afrique, aux sources du Sénégal et de la Gambie. English
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn & Co., 1820.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 378,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT356 .M65 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of: Voyage dans l'intérieur de l'Afrique, aux sources du Sénégal et de la Gambie.
Frontispiece engraving by (James?) Thomson. Map engraved by Sidney Hall. Remaining plates are aquatints and unsigned.
Printed by W. Shackell. Johnson's Court, Fleet Street.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 273
"Examination of the iron forged by the Negroes of Fouta Diallon, in upper Senegal, and of the ores from which they procure it. By M. Berthier ... ": p. -354.
"Observations on the discoveries in Africa anterior to the travels of M. Mollien, on those made by him, and on the map annexed to his narrative. By J.B.B. Eyries": p. 355-368.
"Books of travels, lately published by Henry Colburn & Co. Conduit Street."--P. .
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in full calf; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Henry Colburn & Co. -- Publisher.Scientific expeditions.Senegambia -- Description and travel.Shackell, W. -- Printer.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1820.
- Travel literature.
Aquatints -- 1820.
YCBA Collections Search
Mollien, Gaspard Théodore, comte de, 1796-1872, Travels in the interior of Africa, to the sources of the Senegal and Gambia , 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.