Memoirs of the forty-five first years of the life of James Lackington, the present bookseller, Finsbury-Square, London / written by himself ; in forty-seven letters to a friend.
- Additional Title(s):
- Thirteenth edition / corrected and much enlarged; interspersed with many original humorous stories and droll anecdotes, to which is also added, an index.
- London : Printed for the author, Finsbury-Square, Moorfields; and sold by all other booksellers, 
- Physical Description:
- xix, -352 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ323 .L33 1810Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece aquatint portrait of Lackington engraved by William Ridley; after John Keenan.
At foot of title page: [Price 2s. 6d. in boards.]
Page 347 incorrectly numbered 357.
Date of publication from British Library.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 14, 294
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red paper covered boards. Spine title: Lackington's memoirs.
- Subject Terms:
- Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- London -- Biography.Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- London -- History -- 18th century.Lackington, James, 1746-1815 -- Biography.
- Aquatints -- 1810.
YCBA Collections Search
Lackington, James, 1746-1815, Memoirs of the forty-five first years of the life of James Lackington, the present bookseller, Finsbury-Square, London , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.