A round of days described in original poems , MDCCCLXVI 
- A round of days described in original poems / by some of our most celebrated poets, and in pictures by eminent artists engraved by the Brothers Dalziel.
- London : George Routledge and Sons, Broadway, Ludgate Hill, MDCCCLXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 93,  leaves : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1173 .R68 1866Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Poems and pictures representing every day scenes"--Preface.
On verso of t.-p.: Dalziels' gift book, 1866.
Leaves printed on recto only.
Title in gilt on upper board: A round of days illustrated. Dalziel's fine-art gift book.
T.p. printed in black and red.
With a preliminary half-title leaf which reads: A round of days.
Illustrations by Dalziel brothers after; Arthur Boyd Houghton, John William North, Frederick Walker, George John Pinwell, Warwick Brookes, William Paton Burton, Alfred Walter Bayes, Thomas Morten, Paul Gray, J. D. Watson, Thomas Dalziel.
Publisher's advertisements, leaf .
McLean, R. Victorian publishers' book-binding in cloth and leather, p. 130
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-, red- and dark blue stamped brown coarse cloth over bevelled boards. Ornate design and lettering in gilt on upper and lower boards. Banded spine gilt in compartments; edges gilt. Binding signed JL [John Leighton]. Inscribed: James Caw.
- Subject Terms:
- Caw, James -- Autograph.English poetry -- 19th century.George Routledge & Sons -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Leighton, John -- Bookbinding designer.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Gift books -- 1866.
Wood engravings -- 1866.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.