Imperial co-histories : national identities and the British and colonial press / edited by Julie F. Codell.
- Madison, N.J. : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press ; c2003.
London ; Associated University Presses c2003.
Cranbury, NJ : Associated University Presses c2003.
- Physical Description:
- 328 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA16 .I47 2003 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 303-324) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- Foreign countries -- Press coverage.Great Britain -- Colonies -- History -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Colonies -- Press coverage.Imperialism -- Press coverage.National characteristics, British -- Press coverage.
- Imperial co-histories and the British and colonial press / Julie F. Codell
- Scripting South Asia's visual past : the Journal of Indian Art and Industry and the production of knowledge in the late nineteenth century / Deepali Dewan
- An imagined world : the Imperial Gazetteer / Michael Hancher
- "The software of empire": telegraphic news agencies and imperial publicity, 1865-1914 / Alex Nalbach
- Imperial self-representation : constructions of empire in Blackwood's Magazine, 1880-1900 / David Finkelstein
- Selling the mother country to the empire : the imperial press conference of June 1909 / J. Lee Thompson
- Constructing South Africa in the British press, 1890-92 : the Pall Mall Gazette, the Daily Graphic, and the Times / Dorothy O. Helly and Helen Callaway
- Objects and the press : images of China in nineteenth-century Bitain / Catherine Pagani
- "True Englishwomen" and "Anglo-Indians" : gender, national identity, and feminism in the Victorian women's periodical press / Denise P. Quirk
- The empire writes back : native informant discourse in the Victorian press / Julie F. Codell
- History by installment : the Australian centenary and the picturesque atlas of Australasia, 1886-1888 / Tony Hughes-d'Aeth
- Welsh missionary journalism in India, 1880-1947 / Aled Jones
- "There is nothing more poetical than war" : romanticism, Orientalism, and militarism in J.W. Kaye's narratives of the conquest of India /
- Douglas M. Peers.