Pigafetta, Antonio, approximately 1480-approximately 1534, Magellan's voyage;, 1969
- Magellan's voyage; a narrative account of the first circumnavigation.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Primo viaggo intorno al globo terracquero. English and French
- New Haven, Yale University Press, 1969.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. illus., maps (part col.) 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryG420.M2 P542 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN 2005 +50: Bookplate of Paul Mellon. In case as issued.
Vol. 1 consists of an introd. and a translation by R. A. Skelton of the French MS. entitled "Navigation et descouurement de la Inde superieure et isles de Malucque ou naissent les cloux de girofle" in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Yale University; v. 2 consists of a col. facsim. of the MS. foliated in MS.: 99 l.
Bibliography: v. 1, p. 183-186.
- Subject Terms:
- Magalhães, Fernão de, d. 1521.Martí-Ibánẽz, F.Mellon, Paul -- Bookplate.Navigation.Voyages around the world.