Fraser, James H. (James Howard), 1934-2013, The paste papers of the Golden Hind Press , 1983
The paste papers of the Golden Hind Press / by James H. Fraser.
- [Madison, N.J.] : Fairleigh Dickinson University Library, Florham-Madison Campus : 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.G635 F7 1983+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The plates are mounted samples of paste papers made in the 1930s at the press by Delight Lewis.
"Utilizing Butti & Novarese's Nova Augustea hand-set with G. Trump's Trump Mediaeval, dampened, hand-made Fabriano Pace paper, Fairview paste papers made by Delight Lewis in the 1930s and a Vandercook 215 press, this edition has been designed, printed and bound by Leonard E. Seastone at The Tideline Press."--Colophon.
"The edition is 70 copies ... signed by the paste paper artist"--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references.
AOB has copy no. 69.
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbered "AP" and signed by Delight Lewis, in graphite. Accompanied by the publisher's prospectus for the work.
- Subject Terms:
- Endpapers.Golden Hind Press (Madison, N.J.)Lewis, Delight Rushmore.Paste papers.
- Paste paper.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.