Forty sheets to the wind : a new portfolio of old typefaces.
- Additional Title(s):
New portfolio of old typefaces
- Oldham, England : Incline Press, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio : illustrations (some color), samples ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.I375 F6 1999+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- 49 broadsides illustrating different typefaces and printing techniques, with separate folder containing seven duplicate broadsides, and introductory brochure.
Title from introductory brochure.
"Printed & published by Graham Moss and Kathy Whalen at Incline Press ... to accompany our type specimens, Forty sheets to the wind. Completed in December 1999"--Introductory brochure half title verso.
"[Introductory brochure] keyboarded and cast in 11 pt. Monotype Scotch by Peter Sanderson at the Whittington Press. Of one hundred and fifty sets ... "--Introductory brochure colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 137 of a limited edtion of 150 copies. With 2 laid in prospectus:  Forty sheets to the wind and  Harvesting Colour / Ann Muir.
- Subject Terms:
- Type and type-founding -- Specimens.
- Broadsides -- England -- 20th century.
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Scotch (Monotype)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.