Sowerby, James, 1757-1822, A new elucidation of colours, original, prismatic, and material , MDCCCIX 
- A new elucidation of colours, original, prismatic, and material : showing their concordance in three primitives, yellow, red, and blue : and the means of producing, measuring, and mixing them : with some observations on the accuracy of Sir Isaac Newton / by James Sowerby, F.L.S., &c. designer of English botany, and exotic botany ; author of English fungi, British mineralogy, British miscellany, the Botanical drawing book, &c.--No. 2, Mead Place, Lambeth, Surrey.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Elucidation of colours with a chromatometer
- London : Printed by Richard Taylor and Co., MDCCCIX 
- Physical Description:
- , 51,  p., 7 leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1489 .S69 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on printed label: Elucidation of colours with a chromatometer.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 184
Gilpin to Ruskin, 64
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Original marbled paper boards. Inscribed: Ricd. Smith. This book belongs to Benjamin Smith. Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Color in painting -- Study and teaching.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1809.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1809.Newton, Isaac, 1642-1727.Painting -- Technique.Richard Taylor and Co. -- Publisher.Smith, Benjamin -- Provenance.Smith, Ricd. -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.