The voyage of the 'Fox' in the Arctic seas in search of Franklin and his companions / by Sir F. Leopold M'Clintock.
- Additional Title(s):
Fate of Sir John Franklin.
Voyage of the Fox.
- Fifth edition : with a chapter on the recent searching expeditions of Capt .C.F. Hall and Lieut. F. Schwatka.
- London : J. Murray, 1881.
- Physical Description:
- 78, 336 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG665 1857 .M27Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street and Charing Cross.
At head of title: Fate of Sir John Franklin.
Issued also under titles: In the Arctic seas and The voyage of the 'Fox' in the Arctic seas.
Frontispiece included in pagination.
Spine title: Voyage of the Fox.
"Reports on scientific observations obtained during the voyage of the 'Fox'; or references to such of these reports as are published elsewhere": p. 321-327.
BAC: Bound in gold- stamped green morocco. School insignia of Highbury House School, St. Leonards on Sea stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Bennett, Louis M. -- Prize award from Highbury House School, St. Leonards on Sea.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1881.Fox (ship)Franklin, John, 1786-1847.Geophysics -- Arctic regions.Hall, Charles Francis, 1821-1871.Highbury House School, St. Leonards on Sea -- Prize award to M. Louis Bennett.John Murray -- Publisher.M'Clintock, Francis Leopold, Sir, 1819-1907.Schwatka, Frederick, 1849-1892.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1881.William Clowes and Sons -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
M'Clintock, Francis Leopold, Sir, 1819-1907, The voyage of the 'Fox' in the Arctic seas in search of Franklin and his companions , 1881
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.