The history of Alfred the Great / by Jacob Abbott ; with engravings.
- London : Nathaniel Cooke, (Late Ingram, Cooke, and Co.), Milford House, Strand, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- 184 p. : ill., map, port. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA153 .A23 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Numerous wood-engraved illustrations (some full-page) within text throughout.
Printed by Petter and Galpin, Playhouse-Square, Blackfriars.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gold-stamped calf. Armorial device of the East India Company stamped in gilt on upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Alfred, King of England, 849-899.Anglo-Saxons -- England -- Wessex -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.Cooke, Nathaniel -- Publisher.East India Company -- Bookplate.Great Britain -- History -- Alfred, 871-899.Petter and Galpin -- Printer.
- Armorial bindings (Binding)
Wood engravings -- 1853.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.