Lives of the queens of England : from the Norman conquest : now first published from official records & other authentic documents, prive as well as public / by Agnes Strickland ; ... in eight volumes.
- New edition, revised and greatly augmented, embellished with portraits of every queen.
- London : Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, & Green, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- 8 v. : ill., ports. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28.2 .S77 1864Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Edition statement precedes "in eight volumes" on title page.
Added engraved title page has varying imprint: London, Henry Colburn, Great Marlborough Street.
Engraved portraits have have the imprint of Henry Colburn, 1851.
Printed by Harrison and Sons, St. Martin's Lane, London.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy has volumes 2 & 3 only. Bound in publisher's gold- and blind-stamped red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Colburn, Henry -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1864.Great Britain -- History.Harrison and Sons -- Printer.Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, & Green -- Publisher.Queens -- Great Britain -- Biography.Queens -- Great Britain -- Portraits.
YCBA Collections Search
Strickland, Agnes, 1796-1874, Lives of the queens of England , 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.