The life and exploits of the ingenious gentleman, Don Quixote de la Mancha / translated from the original Spanish of Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, by Charles Jarvis, Esq. ; now carefully revised and corrected, with a new translation of the Spanish poetry ; to which is prefixed a copious and new life of Cervantes ; including a critique on the Quixote ; also a chronological plan of the work. Vol.I[-IV].
- Additional Title(s):
Don Quixote. English. 1801
- London : Printed for William Miller, Old Bond Street, 1801.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill., maps, port. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ6329 .A2 1801Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by S. Gosnell, Little Queen St., Holborn.
Engravings by Anker Smith, James Neele, James Neagle, A. Heath, A. Smith, James Fittler, Milton, Cosmo Armstrong, Paton Thomson, Joseph Collyer and James S. Heath; after Thomas Stothard, Jones, Banks, Samuel Shelley and John Thurston.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped diced morocco binding, with gilt edges; marbled endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, 1547-1616 -- Portraits.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1801.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Miller, W. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, 1547-1616, The life and exploits of the ingenious gentleman, Don Quixote de la Mancha , 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.