The works of the Rev. Jonathan Swift, D.D., dean of St. Patrick's, Dublin / arranged by Thomas Sheridan, A.M., with notes, historical and critical.
- Additional Title(s):
- A new edition in nineteen volumes, corrected and revised by John Nichols, F.S.A. Edinburgh and Perth.
- London : Printed for J. Johnson ... [et al.], 1801.
- Physical Description:
- 19 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3720 .E01Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece portrait of the author engraved by James Basire.
Printed by Luke Hansard, Great Turnstile, Lincoln's-Inn Fields.
Final volume includes index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled calf. With the armorial bookplates of Edward Huth, Wykehurst Park; Arthur Stanley Towsey; and Richard Nicholl.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1801.Huth, Edward -- Bookplate.J. Johnson -- Publisher.Nicholl, Richard -- Bookplate.Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745.Towsey, Arthur Stanley -- Bookplate.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745, The works of the Rev. Jonathan Swift, D.D., dean of St. Patrick's, Dublin , 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.