The first edition of the one inch Ordnance Survey : a reprint covering England and Wales in 97 sheets / edited by J.B. Harley.
- Additional Title(s):
Ordnance survey of England and Wales
England and Wales, old series
- Newton Abbot, Devon : David & Charles, 1969-1971.
- Physical Description:
- 97 folded sheets within covers ; 75 x 101 cm. folded to 19 x 11 cm., in covers 20 x 12 cm.
- Reference LibraryG5740 1805 .O7 1969 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:63,360. 1 in. to a statute mile -- (W 55̊0'--E 15̊5'/N 55 5̊2'--n 500̊3')
- Relief shown by shading and spot heights.
Original ed. commonly known as the First edition or Old series.
Originally published between 1805 and 1873.
Originally issued in 110 sections, with some of the sections divided into 4 quarter sheets.
Each sheet includes text by J.B. Harley.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Maps, Topographical.Maps -- England -- 1805-1873.Maps -- Wales -- 1819-1841.Wales -- Maps, Topographical.
YCBA Collections Search
Great Britain. Ordnance Survey, The first edition of the one inch Ordnance Survey , 1969-1971