Beerbohm, Max, Sir, 1872-1956, Fifty caricatures , MCMXIII 
Fifty caricatures / by Max Beerbohm.
- London : William Heinemann, MCMXIII 
- Physical Description:
- vii,  p.,  leaves of plates,  p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.B44 F54 1913Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Caricatures 1-48 in half-tone, mounted on brown paper; caricatures 49-50 in line, printed on white paper.
Preliminary leaf with half-title on recto and advertisement for the works of William Nicholson on verso.
Advertisement for author's works (2 p.) at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green cloth with gilt lettering and illustration. Inscribed: To Kit with my love Charles. 9/XII/38; For Paul Mellon on his eighty fifth birthday from Martin Filler. ALS from Martin Filler to Paul [Mellon] dated June 11, 1992 and printed prospectus for Bohun Lynch's "Max Beerbohm in perspective" tipped in at end of volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Celebrities -- Caricatures and cartoons.Charles -- Pres. insc. to Kit, 9/XII/38.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Filler, Martin -- Pres. insc. to Paul Mellon, June 11, 1992.Kit -- Pres. insc. from Charles, 9/XII/38.Mellon, Paul -- Pres. insc. from Martin Filler, June 11, 1992.Satire, English.W. Heinemann -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.