Simpson, Chas. W. (Charles Walter), b. 1885, Leicestershire & its hunts, 
- Leicestershire & its hunts: the Quorn, the Cottesmore, & the Belvoir, by Charles Simpson, B.L., with 28 illustrations in colour and 55 in black and white by the author, and an introduction by Major A. Burnaby, M. F. H.
- London, John Lane 
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 256 p. illus., col., plates, fold. map. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1990Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy: Linen-texture red quarter cloth, and grey and pink marbled board covers; white paper label with black lettering on spine, top edge gilt, untrimmed. Half-title, color frontispiece, title-page, 28 plates of color halftone-photoengravings, 1 plate of an etching, 1 plate of a halftone-photoengraving; 1 plate of a line-photoengraving, 1 plate of a photolithograph (map), 53 line-photoengravings in text. This issue has an extra illustration described as a photogravure etching. Illustrations by the author. Number 50 of 75 copies, signed by the author. Spine height: 11 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Leicestershire (England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.