Travels through the southern provinces of the Russian Empire, in the years 1793 and 1794 / translated from the German of P.S. Pallas, counsellor of state to His Imperial Majesty of all the Russias, Knight, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Bemerkungen auf einer Reise in die südlichen Statthalterschaften des Russischen Reichs in den Jahren 1793 und 1794. English
- Second edition, illustrated with one hundred and twenty-one plates.
- London : Printed for John Stockdale, Piccadilly, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK509 .P152 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translated into English from the original German by Francis William Blagdon.
Illustrations by Christian Gottfried Heinrich Geissler, Thomas Medland and Gründling; after Alexander Digby.
Printed by Strahan and Preston, Printer's Street, London.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 358
Prideaux, p. 347
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in full calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Crimea (Ukraine) -- Description and travel.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1812.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1812.Pallas, Peter Simon, 1741-1811 -- Travel -- Russia.Pallas, Peter Simon, 1741-1811 -- Travel -- Ukraine -- Crimea.Russia -- Description and travel.Russia -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1812.Stockdale, John -- Publisher.Ukraine -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1812.
YCBA Collections Search
Pallas, Peter Simon, 1741-1811, Travels through the southern provinces of the Russian Empire, in the years 1793 and 1794 , 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.