IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, Rowlandson's characteristic sketches of the lower orders , 1820
Rowlandson's characteristic sketches of the lower orders : intended as a companion to the New picture of London : consisting of fifty-four plates neatly coloured.
- Additional Title(s):
Characteristic sketches of the Lower Orders
- London : Printed for Samuel Leigh, 18, Strand, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- iv p.,  leaves of plates,  p. : chiefly ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.R78 R695 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printed by W. Clowes, Northumberland Court, London.
"This collection may be had bound, with [Samuel] Leigh's New Picture of London, price 15s."--P. iv.
Publisher's advertisments:  p. at end.
Catalog of books illustrated by Thomas Rowlandson, 44
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 171
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later gilt-tooled red calf. Ink stamp: Bound by Brian Frost & Company, Bath, Eng. Publisher's advertisments  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Brian Frost & Company -- Binder.Caricatures and cartoons -- England.Clothing and dress -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Clowes, W. -- Printer.Cries -- England -- London.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Leigh, Samuel -- Publisher.Peddlers -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.