IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Variedades, ó, Mensagero de Londres , 1824-1825
Variedades, ó, Mensagero de Londres : periódico trimestre / por el Revdo. Joseph Blanco White.
- Additional Title(s):
Mensagero de Londres
- Londres : Lo pubublica R. Ackermann, 101, Strand, 1824-1825.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP64 .V37 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 215
BEIN Peruvian Pamphlets 69: No. 1 of 8 items bound together, with manuscript collective t.p. ("Coleccion de folletos. Tomo CXLV. 1823 á 1874. Literatura y variedades. M.O. Lima 1874") and table of contents at front of volume. From the library of Hiram Bingham, with stamps: "Bought of F. Perez de Velasco October 1912" and "The South American Exploration Fund Yale University."
Most of the plates are unsigned. Those signed include engravings by Robert Cooper and Thomas Wright; illustrations by J. Gendall and Shephard.
Printed by Carlos Wood, Poppin's Court, Fleet Street.
Not issued Feb.-Dec., 1823.
Nine numbers published; one in 1823, four in 1824, and four in 1825. Described as "the Spanish-American counterpart of the 'Repository of Arts'..."--Cf. Abbey.
"The monthly fashion plates are also given, and were probably issued as a supplement at the end of each volume, for it is to be noted that no mention is made of these in the printed list of plates ..."--Cf. Abbey.
Text pritned in two columns.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Volume 1 is in 2 parts. Ms inscription on recto of first free endpaper of v. 1, pt. 1 and 2: Mary Anne Howley. Ms inscription on recto of first free endpaper of v.2: Mary Anne Beaumont.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Beaumont, Mary Anne -- Autograph.Clothing and dress -- Spain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823-1825.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1823-1825.Howley, Mary Anne -- Autograph.Lithograph, Colored -- Specimens -- 1823-1825.Periodicals -- Spain.Spain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Wood, Carlos -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823-1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.