A naval expositor : shewing and explaining the words and terms of art belonging to the parts, qualities, and proportions of building, rigging, furnishing, & fitting a ship for sea : also all species that are received into the magazines, and on what services they are used and issued : together with the titles of all the inferior officers belonging to a ship, with an abridgment of their respective duties / by Thomas Riley Blanckley.
- London : Printed by E. Owen, in Warwick Lane, and engraved by Paul Fourdrinier at Charing Cross, MDCCL 
- Physical Description:
- , 191,  p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsV23 .B53 1750Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- An illustrated lexicon, arranged alphabetically. Entry words, some accompanied by illustrations, are printed by copperplate engraving in the left-hand margin. Definitions, on the remainder of the page, are printed in letterpress.
Title page engraved.
Initial; printed marginalia.
Final page is blank.
English short title catalogue, T131269
List of subscribers: p. -.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1750.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Sea life.Naval art and science -- Dictionaries -- Early works to 1800.Owen, E. -- Publisher.Shipping -- Dictionaries -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.