Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, Rowlandson's sketches from nature, 
Rowlandson's sketches from nature.
- Additional Title(s):
Sketches from nature
- [London] : [s.n.], 
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.R78 S54 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Consists of a letterpress title-page and 18 plates drawn and etched by Thomas Rowlandson.
All plates except nos. , , , ,  and  are signed: Stadler Aquatinta.
Plate nos.  and  are dated 1822.
Probable date of publication from Abbey.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 426
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 33
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled red morocco; floral printed endpapers. Bookplate: R. N. H. Moore Stevens. Mounted at the end of the volume is the publisher's original engraved title label, on yellow paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Farm life -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Stevens, R. N. H. Moore -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.