Fielding, T. H. (Theodore Henry), 1781-1851, British castles, or, A compendious history of the ancient military structures of Great Britain , 1825
- British castles, or, A compendious history of the ancient military structures of Great Britain / by T. H. Fielding, esq. ; illustrated by numerous views of some of the most interesting castles in Great Britain.
- Alternate Title(s):
- British castles
Compendious history of the ancient military structures of Great Britain
Views of British castles
Fielding's views of British castles
- London : Printed by Howlett and Brimmer, Frith Street, Soho Square, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 72 [i.e.73] p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 .F54 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Description for last plate not included in pagination.
Plate no. 2 placed as frontispiece. Each plate accompanied by text.
Spine title: Fielding's views of British castles.
Illustrations by T. H. Fielding. Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket.
Illustrations dated 1823.
Abbey, J. R. Scenery 20
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Howlett and Brimmer -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Military architecture -- Great Britain.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.