Scenery on the southern coast of Devonshire : comprising picturesque views, at or near the fashionable watering places, Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth, Dawlish, Teignmouth, and Torquay.
- Sidmouth [England] : Published by John Wallis, at the Marine Library; and sold by Messrs. Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, London. J. Pittman, Printer, Warwick-Square, London, 1819.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 S34 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey attributes text to Charles Wise.
Aquatint engravings by Daniel Havell; after Henry Haseler and Hubert Cornish.
Descriptive letterpress on page opposite each plate. Guard sheet accompanies each plate.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 116
BAC: British Art center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter morocco and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Budleigh Salterton (England) -- Description and travel.Dawlish (England) -- Description and travel.Devon (England) -- Description and travel.Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Exmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Bookseller.Pittman, J. -- Printer.Sidmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Teignmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Torquay (England) -- Description and travel.Wallis, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.