Scenery on the southern coast of Devonshire : comprising picturesque views, at or near the fashionable watering places, Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth, Dawlish, Teignmouth, and Torquay.
- Sidmouth [England] : Published by John Wallis, at the Marine Library; and sold by Messrs. Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, London. J. Pittman, Printer, Warwick-Square, London, 1819.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 S34 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey attributes text to Charles Wise.
Aquatint engravings by Daniel Havell; after Henry Haseler and Hubert Cornish.
Descriptive letterpress on page opposite each plate. Guard sheet accompanies each plate.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 116
BAC: British Art center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter morocco and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Budleigh Salterton (England) -- Description and travel.Dawlish (England) -- Description and travel.Devon (England) -- Description and travel.Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Exmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Bookseller.Pittman, J. -- Printer.Sidmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Teignmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Torquay (England) -- Description and travel.Wallis, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.