A series of views in the city of Bath / drawn on stone by Gauci and other artists ; from originals by R. Woodroffe.
- Additional Title(s):
Views in Bath
- [Bath] : Published by C. Duffield, Gallery of engravings, 12, Milsom Street, and sold by all the booksellers and printsellers, [ca. 1840]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 22 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B3 S47 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title: Views in Bath.
Illustrations by William Gauci, John West Giles, and Harris; after Robert Woodroffe.
Illustrations printed by Engelmann, Graf, Condet & Co. and W. Day, 17, Gate Street.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 46
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in maroon cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.Day, W. -- Printer.Duffield, C. -- Publisher.Engelmann, Graf, Condet & Co. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [ca. 1840]
- The Guildhall and entrance to the markets
- Royal Crescent
- Queen Square
- Milsom Street
- Lansdown Crescent
- North Parade
- Pump-room and baths
- The Circus
- Norfolk Crescent
- Assembly rooms
- St. James's Square
- Abbey and Grove
- Pulteney Street
- Blue Coat Charity and Bath Hospital
- Grosvenor Place
- South Parade
- Saint Mary's Church.