A picturesque tour through Ireland / by Dennis Sullivan, esq. ; illustrated with numerous coloured views of the most interesting scenery.
- Additional Title(s):
Picturesque views in Ireland.
Views in Ireland.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 23,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA975 .S953 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by W. Lewis, 21, Finch-Lane, Cornhill.
Each plate accompanied by a leaf of descriptive letter-press text.
Plates "Entrance of the Lough of Belfast" and "Belfast" numbered together as plate 13. Plate "Mountains of Morne" unnumbered and lacks descriptive letter-press text.
Plates 18,22,23 after Paul Sandby.
Abbey, J. R. Scenery, 460
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Label mounted inside front cover. "Picturesque views in Ireland. Coloured engravings. Price £2:12s:6d. in extra boards". Bound in boards. Red morocco label mounted on cover: Views in Ireland.
- Subject Terms:
- Ireland -- Pictorial works.Lewis, W. -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
- Irish Cottages
- Stone cross at Kilcullen
- Gold mines, Wicklow
- Mountains of Lugnaquilla
- Lough Erne, and Isle of Devenish
- Part of the Abbey of Monaincha
- Principal lake at Killarney
- Abbey of Aghaboe
- Trim Castle, East Meath
- Giants Causeway
- Balrichan Castle
- Roche Castle
- Entrance of the Lough of Belfast
- View on the River Shannon
- Mountains of Morne
- Down Patrick
- Lough Neagh
- Carlingford Castle
- Water Fall near Bantry
- Salmon Leap at Leixlip
- Dunamase Castle
- Bray Head
- View on the Blackwater River