Six coloured views on the London and Birmingham Railway, from drawings made on the line with the sanction of the company / by Mr. T.T. Bury. Part I.
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., 96, Strand, and to be had of R. Ackermann, 191, Regent Street; Printsellers by appointment to Her Majesty, and Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Kent, 1837.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 35Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by John Harris, Charles Hunt, and Newton Fielding; after T.T. Bury.
" ... only the first part appears to have been issued. A lengthy list of railroad views is advertised on the back wrapper, but no mention is made of this title."--Cf. Abbey.
Printed by F. Shoberl, Jun., Leicester Street, Leicester Square.
"Price twelve shillings."--Foot of cover and title page.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 401
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.), 122
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's pritned wrappers, stitched; with publisher's advertisement on back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann -- Publisher.London and Birmingham Railway -- Pictorial works.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Shoberl, F. -- Printer.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1837
YCBA Collections Search
Bury, T. T. (Thomas Talbot), 1811-1877, Six coloured views on the London and Birmingham Railway, from drawings made on the line with the sanction of the company , 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.