Bury, T. T. (Thomas Talbot), 1811-1877, Coloured views on the Liverpool and Manchester railway , 1833 [i.e. 1834]
- Coloured views on the Liverpool and Manchester railway : with plates of the coaches, machines, &c., from drawings made on the spot / by Mr. T.T. Bury ; with descriptive particulars, serving as a guide to travellers on the railway.
- London : Published by Ackermann and Co., 96, Strand, and sold by R. Ackermann, Jun. 191, Regent Street; printsellers in ordinary to Their Majesties, 1833 [i.e. 1834]
- Physical Description:
- 2 pt. : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTF64.L85 B87 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Engravings by Henry Pyall and S. G. Hughes; after T.T. Bury
"London: Frederick Shoberl, Jun., 4 Leicester Street."--Pt. 2, p. 8.
Title pages of both parts, as well as the plates, are dated 1833. The cover titles of both parts are dated 1834.
"Complete in two numbers."--Cover, pt. 2.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 400
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.) 121
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original wrappers, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Liverpool and Manchester Railway -- Pictorial works.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1834.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.