A collection of one hundred and fifty select views in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland / drawn by Paul Sandby, Esq. R.A. = Receuil de cent et cinquante vues choisies en Angleterre, le Pays de Galles, Ecosse, et Irelande / dessiné par Paul Sandby, Ecuyer, R.A.
- Additional Title(s):
Receuil de cent et cinquante vues choisies en Angleterre, le pays de Galles, Ecosse, et Irelande
- [London] : Published and sold by the proprietor, John Boydell, engraver in Cheapside, London, 1782-1783.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 22 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 .S26 1782+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Volume 1 is dated 1783; volume 2 is dated 1782.
Engravings by Michael Angelo Rooker, William Watts, William Angus, Francis Chesham, Edward Rooker, James Fittler, Ryder, John Scott, J. Roberts, Thomas Milton, Benjamin Green, James Mason, T. Woodyer, C. Duponchel, Peter Maxell, T. Morris, Thomas Cooke, W. Walker, Thomas Medland, William Ellis, Daniel Lerpinier, Thomas Ryder; after Paul Sandby, Thomas Smith, John Nixon, and John Boydell.
Imprint also in French.
Parallel texts in English and French.
Pagination: v. 1: , 70 p., 73 leaves of plates; v. 2: 31, , 33,  p., 77 leaves of plates.
English short title catalogue, T213998
Brunet, J.-C. Manuel du libraire et de l'amateur de livres (5e éd.), v. 5, column 119
BAC: British Art Center copy has title pages mounted to preliminary leaves in both volumes. Bound in later half calf and red cloth. Armorial bookplate: Ex libris Liechtensteinianis.
- Subject Terms:
- Boydell, John -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1782-1783.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Liechtenstein, House of -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- V. 1. Seventy-three views in England
- v. 2. Seventy seven views, seventeen in Wales, twenty-seven in Scotland, thirty-three in Ireland.