Annals of the Regency.
- [London] : Pub. by Edw. Orme, 1817.
- Physical Description:
-  disc-shaped sheets : illustrations ; each 8 cm in diameter, in case 9 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .A66 1817Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The 14 sheets are attached end-to-end by cloth tape; the full length, opened, is 104 cm.
Twelve circular views of London with printed text on reverse, contained in a bronzed metal box in the form of a medal. The lid is embossed with an allegory of the Regency, the bottom with the badge of the Order of the Garter, covering an inscription "The Father and Family of the People." The whole contained in silk lined red morocco case.
- Subject Terms:
- George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Regency -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- Drury Lane Theater
- Highgate Archway
- New Docks
- Covent Garden Theater
- Custom House
- Church, Mary Le Bone
- Opera House
- Waterloo Bridge
- Westminster Abbey improved
- Whitehall Chapel
- Regency park
- Waterloo Place.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.