A description of the antiquities and curiosities in Wilton-House : illustrated with twenty-five engravings of some of the capital statues, bustos, and relievos : in this work are introduced the anecdotes and remarks of Thomas Earl of Pembroke, who collected these antiques, now first published from his Lordship's mss.
- A new edition.
- Sarum : Printed for and sold by E. Easton, MDCCLXXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , xxxviii, 116,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247.P4 K46 1786+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Earlier edition issued in 1769. Descriptions attributed to James Kennedy.
Engravings by and after John Alexander Gresse.
English short title catalogue, T70903
Last leaf erroneously numbered 93.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Early works to 1800.Pembroke, Thomas Herbert, Earl of, 1656-1733 -- Art collections.Proctor, G. W. Beauchamp -- Bookplate.Sculpture -- Private collections -- Early works to 1800.Wilton House (England)
- Engravings -- 1786.
YCBA Collections Search
Kennedy, James, active 1759, A description of the antiquities and curiosities in Wilton-House , MDCCLXXXVI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.