IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Collegiate sketches, or, Alma mater illustrated, 1832
Collegiate sketches, or, Alma mater illustrated.
- Additional Title(s):
Alma mater illustrated
- Cambridge [England] : W. Mason ; 1832.
Brighton : W. Mason ; 1832.
London : R. Ackermann, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- v, 7 leaves : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF128 .C65 1832+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Lithographed t.p.
Each of the first 5 leaves contain 3-4 illustrations.
The final 7 leaves of plates bear an Oxford imprint and are in a completely different hand from the other 5 and therefore probably do not form part of the work as originally issued. Cf. Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 83
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy. Original boards. Inscribed on t.p.: Harry Burrard, Downing College, Cambridge
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Burrard, Harry -- Autograph.Education -- Great Britain.Mason, W. -- Publisher.Satire, English -- Pictorial works.University of Cambridge -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1832.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.