Collegiate sketches, or, Alma mater illustrated, 1832
- Collegiate sketches, or, Alma mater illustrated.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Collegiate sketches
Alma mater illustrated
- Cambridge [England] : W. Mason ; 1832.
Brighton : W. Mason ; 1832.
London : R. Ackermann, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- v, 7 leaves : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF128 .C65 1832+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographed t.p.
Each of the first 5 leaves contain 3-4 illustrations.
The final 7 leaves of plates bear an Oxford imprint and are in a completely different hand from the other 5 and therefore probably do not form part of the work as originally issued. Cf. Abbey.
Abbey, J. R. Scenery, 83
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy. Original boards. Inscribed on t.p.: Harry Burrard, Downing College, Cambridge
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Burrard, Harry -- Autograph.Education -- Great Britain.Mason, W. -- Publisher.Satire, English -- Pictorial works.University of Cambridge -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1832.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.