Harraden, Richard Bankes, 1778-1862, Illustrations of the University of Cambridge, &c., represented in a series of engravings of architectural and picturesque views , 1830
- Illustrations of the University of Cambridge, &c., represented in a series of engravings of architectural and picturesque views / from drawings by R.B. Harraden, Cambridge ; views of all the colleges, new buildings, walks, and costume of the university ; also views of Ely Cathedral.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Cantabrigia depicta
- Cambridge : Published by R.B. Harraden, 1830.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from publisher's printed cover label. An engraved title page (retained from an earlier edition, with imprint omitted) reads: Cantabrigia depicta ...
Engravings by Letitia Byrne, E. F. McCabe, Joseph Skelton, R. W. Smart, Elizabeth Byrne, and Richard Bankes Harraden.
An augmented reprint of the plates published in Cantabrigia depicta (1809), with additional engravings.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 82
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary maroon quarter cloth and green boards, with publisher's original printed cover label. Plates printed on India paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Cambridge (England) -- Description and travel.Ely Cathedral -- Pictorial works.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1830.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1830.Harraden, R. B. -- Publisher.Historic buildings -- England -- Cambridge -- Pictorial works.University of Cambridge -- Description and travel.University of Cambridge -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.