Illustrations of the University of Cambridge, &c., represented in a series of engravings of architectural and picturesque views / from drawings by R.B. Harraden, Cambridge ; views of all the colleges, new buildings, walks, and costume of the university ; also views of Ely Cathedral.
- Additional Title(s):
- Cambridge : Published by R.B. Harraden, 1830.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and imprint from publisher's printed cover label. An engraved title page (retained from an earlier edition, with imprint omitted) reads: Cantabrigia depicta ...
Engravings by Letitia Byrne, E. F. McCabe, Joseph Skelton, R. W. Smart, Elizabeth Byrne, and Richard Bankes Harraden.
An augmented reprint of the plates published in Cantabrigia depicta (1809), with additional engravings.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 82
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary maroon quarter cloth and green boards, with publisher's original printed cover label. Plates printed on India paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Cambridge (England) -- Description and travel.Ely Cathedral -- Pictorial works.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1830.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1830.Harraden, R. B. -- Publisher.Historic buildings -- England -- Cambridge -- Pictorial works.University of Cambridge -- Description and travel.University of Cambridge -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
Harraden, Richard Bankes, 1778-1862, Illustrations of the University of Cambridge, &c., represented in a series of engravings of architectural and picturesque views , 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.