Six views of Windsor Castle : from original sketches / drawn on stone by Messrs. Basebee and Noyce.
- Second edition, considerably improved.
- Windsor : Published by J.B. Brown, bookseller and stationer to His Majesty ... ; and J. Dickinson, 114, New Bond-Street; C. Tilt, Fleet-Street; and Ackermann & Co., 96, Strand, London, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 16Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
With minor alterations of the plates issued in the 1831 edition, in which the original sketches were credited to S. Scarthwaite.
Date of publication from Abbey.
At head of title: Dedicated, by permission, to Her Most Gracious Majesty, Queen Adelaide.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 357
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed wrappers. Additional front wrapper, trimmed, laid in.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- PublisherBrown, J. B. -- PublisherCastles -- England -- Windsor -- Pictorial works.Dickinson, J. -- PublisherHistoric buildings -- England -- Windsor -- Pictorial works.Tilt, C. -- Publisher.Windsor (Berkshire, England) -- Pictorial works.Windsor Castle -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
- 1. The Castle from the north-east
- 2. The new terrace and garden
- 3. St. George's gateway
- 4. York and Lancaster Towers
- 5. The interior of the quadrangle
- 6. The round tower.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.