A series of views consisting of forty-two engravings : illustrative of the character and most prominent features of the north and north-west coast of Scotland and the adjacent islands / drawn and engraved by William Daniell, A.R.A.
- Additional Title(s):
Daniell's views of Scotland.
- London : W. Lewis, Finch-Lane, Cornhill, [1820?].
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 .D36 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- All of the illustrations appear in v. iv of: Voyage round Great Britain / by William Daniell. London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1814-.
Plates dated 1818-1820. Date of publication derived from plates.
Spine title: Daniell's views of Scotland.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, p. 154
- Subject Terms:
- Inner Hebrides (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Islands -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Lewis with Harris Island (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Lewis, W. -- Publisher.Raasay (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Scotland -- Pictorial works.Skye, Island of (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Western Isles (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [1820?].
YCBA Collections Search
Daniell, William, 1769-1837, A series of views consisting of forty-two engravings , [1820?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.