Seeds of desire.
- [London] : Deb Rindl, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. ; 7 x 9 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.R554 S44 1998Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- "Small 'box' containing seeds which can only be reached by cutting the container. The back of the book explains the connection with female genital mutilation, or 'circumcision', which is performed in order to remove the seeds of desire."--Artist's statement.
Limited edition of 30 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 3 of 30. Protective cover for seeds intact.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Female circumcision.Paper sculpture -- Great Britain.Rindl, Deb -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Folded books -- 1996.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.