Points of a racehorse / by Major-General Sir John Hills.
- Additional Title(s):
Points of a race horse
- Edinburgh ; William Blackwood and Sons, 1903.
London : William Blackwood and Sons, 1903.
- Physical Description:
- x p., 113 leaves,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF338 .H55 1903+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2004 +142: Armorial bookplates of Theodore Roosevelt and John M Schiff. Inscription on half title: Theodore Roosevelt Jr., With a great deal of love & every good wish, from Henry Cabot Lodge, Christmas 1903.
The frontispiece photogravure, by W.A. Rouch, depicts "Persimmon by St. Simon, Perdita II."
Podeschi, J.B. Horse and horsemanship, 285
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original black cloth.
Comprised of records and portraits of notable horses of the late 19th century.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing.Horses.Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924 -- Presentation inscription to T. Roosevelt.Race horses.Roosevelt, Theodore -- bookplate.Roosevelt, Theodore, 1887-1944 -- Presentation inscription from H.C. Lodge.Schiff, John M. -- bookplate.William Blackwood and Sons -- Publisher.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Photomechanical prints -- 1903.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.