Nothing to wear : a poem of transatlantic origins : now especially edited for the ladies of England : with twelve illustrations.
- London : Rock, Brothers, and Payne, 11, Walbrook, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- , 23,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS1235.B5 N68 1859Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Attributed to William Allen Butler. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
Engravings by Thomas Onwhyn.
Added engraved t.p. dated Nov. 30th, 1858.
Printed by J. Unwin, Bucklesbury, London.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous English literature (1926-62 edition), v. 4, p. 205
Publisher's advertisement,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original quarter blue cloth and illustrated orange boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Caricatures and cartoon.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Etching -- Specimens -- 1859.Fashion -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Rock, Brothers, and Payne -- Publisher.Satire, English.Unwin, J. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.