The Godolphin Arabian, or, The history of a thorough-bred / by Eugène Sue.
- Additional Title(s):
History of a thorough-bred
Arabian Godolphin. English
- London : Chapman and Elcoate, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 116 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2160Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2004 698: Original wrappers. Armorial bookplate of John M. Schiff on accompanying case.
Advertising matter on  pages at end, not noted in pagination.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Brownish-white wrappers; printed in black on front and back outsides and insides. Black quarter morocco, and blue cloth slip-case; black leather label with gold lettering on spine. Frontispiece, title-page, 1 plate of an etching, 2 wood-engravings in text, 1 wood-engraving on title-page. Spine height: 9 7/8 inches. Note: Only one copy located.
Translated from the French.
"Originally translated for the Sunday Times".
"Printed by Chapman and Elcoate, Peterborough Court, and 5 Shoe Lane, Fleet Street"--T.p. verso.
Illustrated by Thomas Onwhyn.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 175
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Fiction.Race horses -- Fiction.Schiff, John M. -- Bookplate.Thoroughbred horse -- Fiction.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Sue, Eugène, 1804-1857, The Godolphin Arabian, or, The history of a thorough-bred , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.