Culver, Francis Barnum, 1868-, Blooded horses of colonial days , MCMXXII 
Blooded horses of colonial days : classic horse matches in America before the Revolution / by Francis Barnum Culver.
- Baltimore : Published by the author, MCMXXII .
- Physical Description:
- , 14-96, , 100-156,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., facsims. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 580Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 2004 750: Armorial bookplate of John M. Schiff.
"Press of Kohn & Pollock, Inc., Baltimore"--T.p. verso.
"Memorabilia, Maryland Jockey Club; act of incorporation, autographs of former members, scenes connected with historic Pimlico, Andrew Jackson's letter accepting membership": 12 p. following p. 96.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 330
BAC: British Art Center copy: Sporting 579. First edition. Original mottled greyish-pink stiff wrappers, faded spine; printed in black on front cover. Title-page, 8 plates of halftone-photoengravings, 6 halftone-photoengravings, 1 line photoengraving in text. Spine height: 8 1/8 inches.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Sporting 580. Black vinyl, spiral notebook; off-white label with black lettering on front cover. Plates. Spine height: 8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- United States.Horses -- Breeding -- United States.Maryland Jockey Club.Schiff, John M. -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.