Thoroughbred racing stock and its ancestors : the authentic origin of pure blood : many voices concerning the horses of the world, with additional chapters from the notes of the late Lady Anne Blunt (15th Baroness Wentworth) and Wilfrid Scawen Blunt, on the Arabian breed, collected, edited, and enlarged, with a history of the thoroughbred racehorse and the horses of the east and west / by Lady Wentworth.
- New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1938.
- Physical Description:
- 475,  p.,  p. of plates,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. (some col.), charts, map, ports. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2426Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2004 +145: Dust jacket. Armorial bookplate of John M. Schiff.
"With 388 plates in half-tone and 21 plates in colour, and many diagrams in the text".
Errata slips tipped in at p. 19 and p. 21.
Folded map is mounted to rear endleaf.
Bound in black and gilt-stamped red cloth; color illustrated dust jacket.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 458
BAC: British Art Center copy: Original smooth buckram-texture bright red cloth; pictorial stamping of white and black and gold crest on front cover, gilt lines on front cover and spine, gold lettering on spine. Half title, color frontispiece, title-page, errata slip, 21 plates of color halftone-photoengravings, 197 plates of halftone-photoengravings, 2 plates of typeset charts, 1 plate of a line-photoengraving, 1 plate of a photolithograph (folding map), 108 line-photoengravings in text, 5 halftone-photoengravings in text, all except 3 of the plates with halftone-photoengravings are printed on both sides. Inscription: pm from Ailsa Christmas 1938. Spine height: 11 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian horse -- History.Horse breeds.Horse racing -- Great Britain -- History.Race horses -- Great Britain -- History.Schiff, John M. -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Wentworth, Lady, 1873-, Thoroughbred racing stock and its ancestors , 1938
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.